Monday, January 23, 2012

Notes from visit to PS 503 - TCRWP Reading Coaching Institute

I have the great priviledge to attend the 7th Annual Coaching Institue focusing on Reading, grades 3-5 this week. Today I observed in PS 503 and took these photos.






These images show a 3rd graders desk, ready for Reading Workshop. His bag of JR books, his reading log, and his reading notebook showing his thinking.


I observed lessons related to character traits today. Here are some anchor charts I saw in 4th and 5th grade classrooms helping students to think about the traits of characters found in their books:








Annie shared using paint strips to show the gradient of character traits. A very easy and visula idea!

A 1st grade teacher posted the cover of read-alouds with the character trait of the character.
I liked the visual connection!

No comments:

Post a Comment