Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Slice of Life Story Challenge



I am making a personal goal to write each day in March as a participant of SOL Story Challenge. Daily, I will post a personal narratives at a new blog I just created for this challenge: My Writing Stories that Only I Can Tell. Starting in March, you can go and read my stories and see if I am posting one a day (I hope I can!). At this new blog, I will post my very own little SOL*  = "slice of life".

This is the idea of TWOWRITINGTEACHERS and this March will be their 7th year running this challenge.
Click here to learn ALL about the challenge: http://twowritingteachers.wordpress.com/2014/02/03/writewithusinmarch/

I really want to accomplish this goal! I know that writers only get better at writing by writing.I teach this to my students in Writing Workshop but my own life gets busy and I am not always writing myself. I also will be a good writing peer and take time to read and offer feedback to other SOL writers. I know this reading of others' writing, other mentor texts, will also improve my writing!

There is still time for YOU to consider joining in and participating in the SOL Story Challenge!! To learn more about this month-long writing challenge, go to: http://twowritingteachers.wordpress.com/2014/02/03/writewithusinmarch/

Even is you don't take up the challenge, I recommend you joining this blog. Daily I get their post and it always helps me with teaching writing better in my classroom!!

* ...a much better acronym for SOL - I teach in VA and our state test is called the SOL!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the slice of life! You are in for a fun month of lots of writing and reading :-)

    ReplyDelete